Monday, March 26, 2012

TIME TO THRIVE



There is an interesting tree in Liss, England. It is hollow in the middle. Like the one the Keebler Elves live in! You can actually go inside it, look up and see the sky. It is empty, but it lives. Not just lives, but thrives as you can see in the picture.

Every time I feel like I’ve failed or not measured up somehow, I think of that tree and how I feel as hollow as it is, and yet, I can and must still thrive.

How do I do that?

I have to make a decision. How am I going to use this “failure” experience? Am I going to let chew away at my soul, or am I going to use it as a learning tool? You know, failure can be an excellent tool. Not only can I learn from it but I can use this experience to connect and help others.
Just like this tree, I should welcome others to walk inside my experiences and see that it is possible to thrive no matter what happens.

If you’ve failed, I’m so sorry. But now it is time to examine the experience, write down what you’ve learned, and from that . . .

Grow and Thrive!

1 comment:

Linda O'Connell said...

The best example to set is a positive attitude, and Linda, you walk the walk and talk the talk. Would you please mention a publishing opportunity to your readers? I am co-creating one of the tirty-five anthologies in development in the Not Your Mother's Book series, by Publishing Syndicate. Thanks
http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com