Friday, November 04, 2011

WHERE THERE IS FIRE THERE IS LIGHT




“To burn always with this hard, gem-like flame, to maintain this ecstasy, is success in life.” - Walter Pater

The evenings are growing chilly and I’m enjoying the cozy fire in our hearth. Nothing says, “Welcome, have a seat, relax,” quite so inviting. Watching the dancing, colorful, flames is mesmerizing. They warm my face and my heart. Fire is cleansing. It clears underbrush in forests, sterilizes tools and boils water. Our food is made safe by fire. It also aids in reshaping objects, provides light for our path, and protects us.

Fire people are the first people one notices when walking into a room. Just as the playful flames in the fireplace draws our attention when entering, so do those with this type of personality. They are warm and inviting. They are also very intelligent and thrive on illuminating all those around them. Fire people are very protective of those they care about.

Just as fire is used to reshape iron and glass, those who have the traits of fire are committed to developing others. Their ideas are brilliant and they can give the right amount of “heat” to bring about change in a person, a situation, or even a company.

It is good to have fire people in charge. They thrive in pressure, excel and are clear-headed in an emergency. And just as fire clears all the underbrush that blocks our way in the forest, fire people clear clutter in any situation and organize solutions.

It is good to have a fire person on your team! Do you have one?

Next week: Burned by Fire!  

5 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Indeed, fire people are go getters. I consider you a fire person. How many Chicken Soup books now? I just signed contract for 14th.

Linda C. Apple said...

No, I'm a wind and water person. But Wind people are go getters!

Me too! Which book is your 14th?

Cheryl Linn Martin said...

Nice, Linda! I love the "fire" idea. Not sure what kind of person I am.

Looking forward to reading about "burned by fire."

BECKY said...

Hi Linda! I'm definitely a fire person. I longed for a fireplace in my childhood, teenage years, first marriage...!

I've now been married almost 29 years to my fabulous husband and we've had a fireplace for 25 years!

AND I do "thrive on pressure." I also consider myself "warm and inviting"....and sure hope others think I am, too! :)

Thanks for the beautifully written post!

Cheryl Linn Martin said...

Linda, I am giving you The Tell Me About Yourself Blog Award!

You can read all about it in my post on Thursday, November 17. Don’t worry, if you don’t have time to participate, that’s A-OK with me, but if you’d like to participate, here are the rules:

Thank the person who awarded you, blog about it, list seven things about yourself, and list 15 other blogs you would like to pass the award on to.

Blessings!