Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SERVER PROBLEMS

I apologize for not posting in a while. I've had the worst time with Hughesnet satellite services. I DO NOT recommend them at all! We live in the middle of nowhere, and this was my only choice, or so I thought. I have found other outlets and so after my last disastrous altercation with Hughesnet, I fired them. Just to let you know how slow and frustrating this server is, I gladly paid the several hundred dollar penalty for breaking our contract, just to get rid of them.

Hughesnet is 1 step above dial-up. That's all. They do not have the bandwidth to support the customers they have and yet they still keep taking new ones on. Pure greed. If you should happen to view too many youtube videos, you are relegated to dial up speed for 36 hours for punishment. I found that out while trying to find a video to use in one of my presentations. After about 30 minutes of searching videos my computer stopped to a crawl. I'd crossed what they considered fair use. I felt like a child being sent to the corner for using my computer!

To make things worse, the only time you will speak to an English speaking person is in sales. After that you will speak to someone in India who has a poor command of the English language and you will spend your time saying, "repeat that please?" When they put you on hold you will listen to the most irritating song possible.

So, until I get hooked up with a local company, I am without service unless I come to town at the local coffee shop.

I will be leaving for Red River New Mexico on Friday. They will have Internet services there and I will catch up.

Thank you all for your patience!

Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
This is Patsy C., I noticed on my comment on your 9/13 blog - I was signed in as annonymous, well, that is me.
I look forward to keeping up with your blog!! Roger's daughter has one also - Hello there,Natalie-
Look at it when you have some time. She keeps me abreast of her pregnancy!! Yes, we will be great grandparents and we are pleased.
I love you!